Currie, the “Apple Lady”, has been featured on television and in newspapers in her home state of North Carolina, however her work is shown throughout the South and also as far west as California and Oregon.
- Fox 8 News- Greensboro, NC
- A 2003 Documentary titled “Currie the Apple Lady” produced by the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
Published stories on Currie appeared in:
- The Winston Salem Chronicle
- Go Triad News
She has received the following recognition:
- Guest Folk Artist at the ’01 Riverfest in Columbus, GA
- High Point NC’s Area Arts Council Fine Art Award in ‘01
- Columbus, GA Folk Art Award in ‘02
- ’02 Patron Purchase HP Bank Award in Columbus, GA
- North Carolina A&T University’s ’03 Keynote Speaker